If you are reading this, then you have should feel so blessed to have made it to another day and another year! Happy New Year Wanderers!
I had every intention to write a blog about how trash my 2017 was, especially after I saw my year in review on Snapchat. *rolls eyes* However, that good ol’ spirit of mine checked me real quick!
Honestly did feel like 2017 was not my best year. But it was definitely a transitional one that I think is gearing me up for better years to come. 2017 was my STILL year. I felt very still as if things were going in slow motion. Some of my friends have the most blessed and prosperous year ever and I also saw some of them fight depression, deal with tragedies, and suffer heartbreaks. I was in the middle, just trying to either congratulate or console everyone.
I did not have any (what I consider) MAJOR accomplishments this year but the theme that ran all throughout was GRATEFULNESS! A lot of days my only prayer was THANK YOU. This year I re-learned that you should always be thankful for what you already have. I feel so grateful and blessed to have a family, a roof over my head, a job, my health, and my life. Therefore my year wasn’t trash at all. Transitional, but not trash!
What I Left in 2017:
- Fear of Failure: Because you will never know if you never try.
- Self Doubt: You can do anything in this world as long as you put your mind to it.
- Grudges: Grudges take up take up too much energy and I need that energy to make space for new, good energy.
- Self Defeating Thoughts: No more talking myself out of things or making up scenarios in my head that I do not know to be true because I never asked the question or tried. ( I know y’all feel me on that one).
- The Need To Please Others Before Myself: If you only knew how many things I do not do because I think about others first. No more placing people before my happiness. The fear of appearing selfish has no place here anymore.
What did you guys leave in 2017? Let’s be each others accountability partners!
Here is to a blessed, protected, and prosperous 2018. Ase!