I know I’ve been gone for a while. This was due to traveling and then being jet lagged when I got back. Jet lag is the worst by the way !!
I went to Dubai and I can’t wait to tell you all about it but something more pressing was on my mind. I noticed that when I travel I receive comments like “You must be rich” or “Wish I could live your life”. To be honest, comments like this make me feel uncomfortable. For one, I’m not rich, although I wish I was because it would really help with my plan to quit my job and travel the world! But also, anyone can do whatever they put their mind to.
I’ve always loved to travel and I used to look online at pictures of all these far away places and think I would love to be there and then I decided, I am going to be there. Dubai was on my vision board last year and thank God my vision became reality. You can also go wherever you want.
Here’s a few tips that I use when I travel (on a budget):
- I do a lot of overtime at work and take the compensation in time instead of money (sometimes I split it because a girl has got to eat) so that I have more days to take off when I travel.
- joined travel groups to get useful tips about traveling.
- I find the cheapest way to travel by using sites like skyscanner & Google flights to see when the cheapest time to fly to that particular city is. Also sign up for sites like airfarewatchdog, airfarespot, and theflightdeal and create care alerts. You can also follow those sites on Twitter to get the most up to date fare deals.
- Research the hell out of your destination (major key). Find out where to stay in the destination of your choice, pick an area where you won’t have to spend so much money on taxis. Additionally, if you’re doing a hotel, try to pick a hotel that includes free breakfast so that you only have to spend money on lunch and dinner.
- Try Airbnb and Homeaway for you sleeping accommodations. These sites are especially good if you’re going in a large group. But sometimes even if you are going solo or as a couple these options are cheaper than staying at a hotel.
Moral of the story and the reason why I used the above photo is that if you want to do anything, even if it’s not traveling; DO IT! Give birth to whatever gift or passion God places on your heart!!
Talk to you soon!